Wednesday, August 31, 2016

August 31, 2016
The Beginning. . .
Today is my first attempt, my first entry, my first step  in this written endeavor and in living with its effects in my everyday life. I decided on the title of "Life Unafraid," because I have become alarmingly aware over the last few years of how much of my life is dictated by needless fears. The fear of failing (hence, I'm starting this blog despite the fear). The fear of missing out (read: addiction to facebook; foolish insecurities). The fear of waiting. The fear of feeling fearful. The fear of not making a difference. The fear of being too uptight. The fear of being too lax. It's maddening and ridiculous. My fears range from the serious to the not-so-serious--One day I just might be able to ride the elevator without holding my breath, or maybe, just maybe, I'll stop avoiding that emu inclosure at the zoo. ;)

I'm using this blog merely as a tool--a creative outlet for change that needs to happen in my life, a place to hopefully foster emotional, spiritual, mental and social growth. I'll share my experiences, revelations, failings (did I just commit to that?!) and how God is teaching me through it all. I think the real reason I have hesitated starting this blog over the last few months can be boiled down to another fear--the fear of being held accountable. (!) I can't continue to permanently wallow in my fears when I'm publicly committing to embarking on building a life free of ungodly fears. Some of those fears are obvious, while others are well-disguised. I started this post yesterday and felt great about it--confident, even. Then, something sparked an old fear, and I realized I'm a big, fat phony! Maybe accountability and encouragement are the real reasons the Lord has been reminding me of this blog idea for a while. I need to write it, more than anyone else needs to read it. :) So bear with me as I fumble along and maybe we can find some common ground or kindredness in my both understandable and laughable reasons for trepidation. Maybe it's less about living without fear and more about living boldly for the right reasons. 


For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
2 Timothy 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment